Electrician Gladesville – Get a FREE Safety Inspection! – Electrical work in Australia has to meet strict safety standards, and electrical work can be dangerous. According to the Emergency Care Institute in New South Wales, 20 people die each year due to electrical injuries. Instead of fiddling around with dangerous electrics yourself, you call for professional help. To achieve that, you will need an electrical safety inspection.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at what an electrical safety inspection is, and when do you need an electrical safety inspection.
What is an electrical safety inspection?
An electrical safety inspection is an in-depth examination of your electrical system, to make sure that all electrical systems, wires, and components like appliances, comply with legal safety standards. The AS/NZS 3000 and AS/NZS 3019 sets up a list of rules that help electricians to design, do an in-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
After your electrical home inspection, an inspector will give you a thorough and prioritized checklist like areas that need immediate attention, recommendations for improvements, and further upgrade possibilities.
Why do you need to have an electrical safety inspection?
Getting your electrical safety inspection is essential for the safety of your home, protecting you and your family. Here are some benefits of getting your home inspected for electrical safety.
- Ensure safe operation of your electrical components such as appliances
- Identify faulty electrical mistakes made by different contractors and DIY homeowners
- See outdated wiring for replacement
- Recognising oversized fuses or breakers that could be a fire hazard.
- Correction of electrical, fire, and safety hazards
- Complying with safety inspection standards
- Help you reduce your electricity cost and save energy
When should you have an electrical safety inspection?
There are times that homeowners should schedule an electrical safety inspection, especially if you move to a new house, or you did DIY electrical work.
- You should get an electrical safety inspection when:
- You purchase or move to a new house
- The house is already more than 40 years old
- You purchase a new appliance
- Your home went through a renovation
Also, an electrical compliance certificate or certificate of electric safety is needed when doing electrical work.
What is a certificate of electrical safety?
The certificate of electrical safety is a certificate that guarantees that the electrical work done meets the safety standards of Australia. Only registered electrical contractors or electricians can issue the certificate of electrical safety. It is legal compliance in Australia for electrical contractors to issue safety certificates.
The certificate of electrical safety includes:
- Certificate number and barcode
- Customer name and address
- Date of the work
- Details of work and tests
- Electrician’s license number
- Electrical contractor’s license number
- Electrician’s signature
You’ll need a safety certificate every time a licensed electrician does electrical work in your house. It is also applied when electrical work is done for commercial or industrial purposes. If you’re installing a new appliance such as an air conditioning unit or even a power point, you’ll need an electrical safety certificate.
We at Saunders Electrical Group provide all the requirements to meet electrical safety standards. Our A-grade team of electricians can give out high-quality servicing for commercial and residential customers.
We also offer FREE electrical safety inspection to provide our customers with a quality electrical service that meets safety standards. If you want to schedule an inspection if you’re in the Gladesville area, you can call 0423 326 572 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.